View Single Post
Old
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Weber is a mule, a hybrid born of a horse and a donkey. He's versatile, he plays as a Dman and as a RW but he's not outstanding at either position. He's useful to keep around because of the rash of injuries but when all the injured Habs return to action he'll get little ice time. I foresee a trade.
People said the same thing about Mark Streit.

I'm not 100% sure on this one but I think the fact that he's used up front isn't a bad thing. I mean, can you imagine Gorges or Gill or someone like that as forward?

I could be wrong on this, but I think the versatility that Weber brings, that shot (he looked good using it that one time coming down the right wing last night) could be a really good thing for him. I don't think the fact they're trying him out as a forward means he's become useless or trade bait. Quite the contrary. Like I said I could be wrong though. To me his path seems quite comparable to that of Streit's.

Also who better than a defenseman with potential to play up front with a great shot as a regular 4th line forward? The major assignment of a 4th line is defense as far as I know. If he's able to pot a few here and there bonus.

Like I said though I could be wrong and they're only doing this to try stuff out and figure out what to do with Diaz and Emelin in the immediate future.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote