View Single Post
Old
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
kpap57

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Predicting points is impossible for Nino because where is he playing/is he making the team?

The assumption is that he will.

But where does he play?

This set up...

Moulson-Tavares-Niederreiter
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Comeau-Bailey-Parenteau
Martin-Reasoner-Rolston

...is going to yield different numbers then this set-up...
Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner
Comeau-Bailey-Niederreiter
Martin-Reasoner-Rolston

BTW I see Rolston being on the 4th unit to start, but being part of the first PP unit so I think he will be fine, and as a 4th line, that is a solid grind unit.

Pandolfo? Im not sure. Does he make the team on a 2-way deal?

Personally, I would rather start Nino on the 3rd unit and I have two reasons why...

1) I would like to see him eased in with good minutes but not the responsibility of being a top-line producer if things don't go that well at the start of the season.

2) I like the Comeau-Bailey-Niederreiter set-up in theory/on paper. Coeau and Nino are bigger bodies who can bang and who can finish. Both go into the dirty areas. Bailey is a pass first set-up pivot. In theory, he should be able to dish the puck off to his wingers who can and should be able to both create space for Bailey, themselves and score in the tight spots. This is in theory, or course.

Ultimately, I think Nino may become the top line winger. But this season, at least to start unless as a third unit he can help give the Isles 3 potent lines which is very possible if everyone plays to last seasons levels + Bailey can find his game.
I like your option 2 better for reasons stated above, and if that line can get going and have some chemistry, this team would be crazy good down the line with scoring. But like you said, it looks good on paper...

kpap57 is offline   Reply With Quote