View Single Post
Old
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Watched Forsberg tonite, tried to focus on him when he was on the ice.

Here are my opinions, albeit only seeing him this game, some training camp and a bit last year;

Forsberg is very smooth, skates well, although a bit of a hunched over/leaning forward kinda style. Doesn't blow you away with speed but skating should not be an issue at all.

Competes in all areas of the ice and should get more physical as the years move along, but it isnt really his game. Does not shy away from it anways, which is good. Has decent size and looked bigger than his listed 5'9? Not sure though.

Probably the biggest thing I have noticed and especially in tonites game, is how well Forsberg uses his linemates and finds them with really some great passes. Just makes it look easy at times, even just short passes in his own end or the neutral zone. Very smart with the puck for sure. The puck just seems to stay on his stick at times and the longer you give him, he will find someone open. Had 2 assists tonite and could have probably had a couple more easily. At times I thought PG should have played him a bit more, but he is only 16.

Has some really good hands and combined with what is mentioned above, he can be really dangerous. It appears he might like to dish more than shoot, but he should be dangerous at both as he matures. He seemed to play more wing tonite and I think normally he might be a Centerman, but he did fine if in fact he is somewhat playing out of position?

Anyways, a pretty good game for Forsberg and he now has 1g 2a for 3pts in 3 games this season. His hands and passing will be his bread and butter. Very slick, smooth and patient with the puck. Looks like a good one and if the kid ever gets a sniper on his wing, look out!
Thanks a ton. Good stuff.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote