View Single Post
Old
10-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
As long as he doesn't regress I think not noticing him much at all would be more of a good thing than bad. He just needs to keep being physical and needs to be solid in his own zone. That would be just fine if he is going to be paired with Fowler in the future.

Obviously it would be nice if he could produce more. With not a lot of PP time it's tough. Maybe he will be told to shoot more by the coaching staff. Would be even more nice if the staff would say that to all our players
I don't mind him being physical, but I'd really rather not see him going out of his way to make big hits. He put himself out of position a bunch of times last season trying to lay someone out.

If he tops out at this level, I'm not sure he'd be good enough to be Fowler's partner, to be perfectly honest. Maybe it's just me, but I'd be uncomfortable with him as the last man back if Cam jumps into the play down low. I can just picture him trying to stop the play at the opposing blue line with a hit, instead of backing off and sticking to the middle of the ice, and then it's a 2 on 0 against. That's exactly the kind of thing Wisniewski would do as Scotty's partner, and that kind of bad habit comes about from wanting to make the big hits. I really see some of that in Sbisa, and I don't like it. Sbisa isn't nearly as bone-headed as Weaser was, but you get what I'm saying.

He just needs to improve, and work on being conservative at the right times. That way I have nothing to ***** about.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote