Old
10-03-2011, 09:37 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
You sir are a beast.

I would actually put Berger ahead of Mitera, but aside from that great list. I'm more high on Berger than I am on Archambault, but theres no denying he has skill, but for me they'd be more closer together.
Thanks. I haven't seen enough of Berger yet, but his foot speed concerns me so I put him a little lower for now, but I will get to see him a ton at Hamilton so next ranking I'll have a much better feel for him. Archambault is more of a wild card at this point, he impressed me in preseason with his skating/speed and seems to have some flash to him, so I like where he's at for an 18 year old, but we'll see how it goes for him over the next 2 years before he turns pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm guessing you don't consider Diaz a prospect but I'm curious on Yemelin. I'm assuming your list is based on ceiling and not necessarily who will make the NHL when. I agree with it for the most part though I'm one who is in the camp that thinks Leblanc will be a good player but not quite as good as fans had hoped. I see him eventually being a quality 3rd line winger, not a center or a top 6 player.
I didn't consider Diaz a prospect because of his age, plus I never saw him play before preseason. Yes I don't make the list based off who will make the NHL or when, it's mostly about upside although I try and consider all factors, just not when they will make the NHL since they are all at different stages of development. Leblanc I think he can be a top 6 player for us but we'll see how the first year as a pro goes for him. I got to admit I am very surprise at how many around here don't see to like him very much, but can't wait to see how he does going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd have Nattinen and Walsh both ahead of Peter Delmas.
I didn't care for Nattinen when I saw him at the wjc's each year but we'll see how it goes for him in his adjustment to North America. Walsh if he has a more consistent year will likely be back in the top 20, I like him but he's got to be more consistent plus his compete level isn't as high as say Kristo/Leblanc/Dumont etc... Delmas looked good in the 2 Hamilton games I saw him but I heard a lot of good things about his play in the ECHL (the one game I saw he was injured) it will be interesting to see what he does this year now that he's got an NHL contract, too bad he had to get a concussion though to start the season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote