View Single Post
Old
10-03-2011, 01:32 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
1. When was dumont ever a point per game player?
2 stevey Sullivan has been top 2 or 3 every year he was a predator in points, he will be missed on a team that lacks offensive help
3 ward is not worth half of what he got, but was still a big body and our best playoff performer in our best ever playoffs! Would we have even got to second round without ward???
4. Franson was great on PP, not spectacular but definitely put up numbers
5 you didn't even mention goc who was fantastic while he played
6. How was geoffrion a big part of how we got into playoffs when he only played 20 games all season?

7. I agree about no big loss with o'brien and dumont, but others will be missed... You can't say they won't be.

8. Do you think rookies can come in and play like veterans?? Other than Blum?
http://hfboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=37404039
1. OK ... JP topped out at .9ppg as a Pred with two other seasons above .8ppg ... much better than his 19 pts in 70 games last season. (still no takers for him on the open market)

2. No Sully wasn't. He ranged from tied for first with Hornqvist to injured and scoring only 22 points. He only managed to play 9 of 12 playoff games last season. Great player from March 03-Feb 07, not so much since the injury. He's only played a full season once in the past three. Much like a gallon of milk, he has a best before date and he passed it.

3. Underperforming for 82 games can't be overlooked when a player is looking for too much money. Yes, he had a good post season, but by your own admission is overpaid this season.

4. Franson had 2 PP goals, 4 PP assists in the regular season. 0 PP goals, 3 PP assists in the playoffs.

5. Goc is a 3rd line center with the ability to play limited games on the 2nd line. He's a career .277ppg, or less than half of the offensive output of the oft maligned Legwand. He put up .42ppg in his one relatively full season as a Pred.

6. Geoffrion had the highest goals per 60mins of ice time on the team. Oh, and the Buffalo game. Compare his regular season numbers to those of Ward, Goc, and Dumont .. his 6 g in 20gp stands up quite well.

7. Yes, I can quite honestly say I won't miss guys well past their primes and replaceable 3rd pair defenders. I'm not mourning the departure of replaceable members of the Admirals either.

8. For the most part, yes they can. I've seen Josi and Laakso play in the AHL and they're pretty much ready for NHL 3rd pair time although Josi's injury cost him this camp. Ellis and Ekholm both have a good chance of starting the season in Milwaukee but both did a good job in camp and probably see time with the big club. Geoffrion did what was asked of him last season as did Halischuk and 21yr old Spaling. It looks like Smith is the only true rookie forward for opening night and based on his performance at camp and in the Worlds, he's earned the shot while Fisher is out. Bergfors is a former 20g scorer who put up 36 points last season in what was considered an off year for him. None of these guys need to put up stellar numbers. 10-15 goals, 20ish assists for those playing full seasons on the big club and they match or surpass the players you're saying we'll miss.