Thread: 3 Preds ...
View Single Post
Old
10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
In fairness to the those who assembled the team, they likely had little chance to watch all 81 players play every game this season. I think hype, the stat sheet, and previous knowledge led the way. I think they did this without paying much attention to on-ice performance in the first five games because they wanted to pare the list down to reasonable level so that they could then effectively watch all those on it play many games this year. Hamhuis, for several reasons, just didn't wow them enough. You look at his points. They are not impressive. Time on ice, not impressive. Nothing stands out but his on ice play, which is exactly what they probably couldn't experience. I think if they had watched him play this year, he'd have definitely been on the list.

Honestly, how many players have a pokecheck that is not only replayed shortly after the fact, but several minutes after the fact, and several days after that fact.

I've sheen crushing open ice hits see less pub than that breakup.
true, but then why is God's son phaneuf on the list then?