View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 10:39 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not trying to be mean but Konopka really is a terrible hockey player. There is a reason he was on the 4th line of a team that had AHLers on the squad and it isn't because he's good at draws and physical it's because he sucks and limiting his ice time is for the betterment of the team.

Till this day I don't get how all of you guys fap every night to the thought of having this guy he's a joke. Like another poster mentioned Neil or Rupp? Sure... but Konopka? The guy sucks and I just don't get why people try and claim otherwise. He sucks.

There's a reason once again he's going to play for a lottery team on the 4th line.
Simply not true.

I've seen him play both in junior and the NHL. He doesn't "suck". Is he a great player? No. But he doesn't suck.

If you look at his minor league (AHL) stats and compare those to the minor league stats of our 4th liners (Enqvist, White etc) you will see they are comparable.

Plus this argument that he was a 4th liner on a bad team is BOGUS. You know who else was a 4th liner on the same team? Sean Bergenheim - and I would take Bergenheim over a bunch of guys on this team.