View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Very well stated. It's nice to see someone other than me and RB bringing up the cap issues. Too many people seem to ignore or downplay that aspect.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I think a lot of fans simply don't care - there's a lot of when it comes to Sean.

He's a favorite for his antics and they want him on the team regardless of whether it's rational or not. If it were anyone else, they'd be up in arms saying "why are we burning near $2MM on a guy who sits in the press box? Get that bum outta here!" (Think about that, if we keep Avery, we'll be paying him more than Anisimov, MZA, Boyle, Brian, Rupp, Fedotenko, Stepan, Derek, Prust, McDonagh, Sauer and MDZ to sit in the press box! Mind boggling.) But because he's Sean and he's "TUFF" and waived his stick in front of Marty several years ago, they overlook all the reasons he shouldn't be on the team.

Having said that, I do think there's a chance he still makes it over EC. If so, it'll be for locker room and accountability issues which are points that also can't be ignored when it comes to team composition.