Thread: 2011-12 line up
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Talbot's best faceoff season hasnt beaten Betts' worse. So unless Talbot comes out as a 27 yr old completely revised faceoff technique, the chances are severely low.

Let me just say, we all complained about our faceoffs last season. Now we got rid of two of our better faceoff guys and replaced them with a rookie and a guy who is bad at taking faceoffs. Im not really pumped about that.
Betts and Talbot were only a 2% difference last year were they not? Sure it makes a difference, but so does being stuck in your own zone for over a minute because your forward is too slow to make plays on the puck.

I am too lazy to look up the stats but I am going to go out on a limb and say talbot did just fine on the pens pk last year (and assuming he took faceoffs), I can also assume that the pens pk was better then 15th. Now I know talbot is not the sole reason for that, but trust me he is an upgrade over betts no question. I will take speed, tenacity, and grit, over a 2% faceoff difference. Add to that talbot has the ability to put a few pucks in the net.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote