View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Well, yeah... but we have a top six consisting of Brière, Jagr, Voracek, JvR (who might in his career turn into a solid pker, but I wouldn't count on it for this season) and Hartnell (who I think might be decent if we're going with 3 forward pairs).

It's not the same as when we had the likes of Gagné, Richards and Carter. Even guys like Knuble and Umberger could be put into this category since they probably would've been on the top six of this team if you somehow could have the 07-08 Knuble and the 11-12 Simmonds on the same team.

I think Simmonds could develop into a pretty decent guy to have on the pk if they try him out on a regular basis, but I would have liked to see him show more of that before ditching Betts. Same goes for guys like Read and Couturier/Schenn. It's one thing to look good on the pk in preseason games, and a whole other thing to do it when the games actually matters.
You are talking like betts is a good pker, if you watch video of him on the pk it is aweful, he never wins races, puck battles, or get in lanes. He was good a couple years ago and everyone has given him the benefit of the doubt ever since. Losing richards is a blow to the pk, not losing betts.

Also giroux will be our best pker, take that to the bank. Giroux has everything you want for that role and more, if anything he allowed richards to cheat more.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote