View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 05:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
He has been really good so far, but what if we end up keeping both Schenn and Couturier on the roster for the full season? Read might very well find himself on the fourth line playing with Talbot and Nödl. He might still turn in a solid rookie season and do what's being asked of him, but it wouldn't exactly lead to a calder season.

Sorry to be a pessimist here... but I don't see any of our rookies win the calder. Not enough time on the top six and pp for them to come into consideration imo.

Good to see that someone like Read (who flew a bit below the radar before the presesaon with focus being on Schenn and Couturier) has showed enough to impress McKenzie though.
Management hasnt showed they want Couturier on the wing at all. What Read does have in his favor is the possibility to play wing and center. Like last practice he is on the wing, and this practice he was playing center. I wouldnt go as far to say he would win the Calder, but I think Read is going to do a solid job. We might see him out on PP and PK.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote