Old
10-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Maybe they will suck?
I understand that they might have a learning curve with such a young team now. I am definitely willing to wait it out on this season to see how they do. I don't want to say they will win the stanley cup or even say they will suck without seeing them start to play meaningful games.

However with Giroux and the strides he has made to become a premiere center in this league and all the young talent surrounding him I am much more optimistic about this team than i was when they traded Richy and Carts. The team has excellent players in it still and extremely deep blueline with Prongo back at full health. Bryz is gonna be a stud and i feel bad for people who say the guy isnt a premiere goalie in the league because for him to become a Flyer we had to let some of our better players go. (I know stop beating the dead horse).

The real reason I am optimistic heading into this season is mainly because of Claude Giroux. He will be given every opportunity to make this team his in the next few years and I hope he takes advantage of it. Matt read also has shown the ability to be one hell of a pickup. He has great speed and works his ass off when hes on the ice. Although he isnt even the flyer i would pick to win the Calder i wouldnt be surprised whatsoever if he comes out and has a great year.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote