View Single Post
Old
10-04-2011, 09:48 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
While there are some very good teams in the cis i don't think i would go as far as saying every team even the worst would beat any major jr team.If you look at the big picture which includes attendance etc major jr is better for the most part that is not to say cis is a bad leagues its not.
The worst major junior teams would pummel the worst CIS teams. Hollywood hit the nail on the head that the discrepancy in CIS between best and worst is huge, while in major junior, while a gap is still there, the league does attempt some form of parity with rules such as the bantam/midget drafts. Unless games are played on a large scale, I think the CIS/major junior level of play will be debated forever. Given my understanding and what I have watched, I tend to be of the opinion that teams like Alberta/UNB etc would beat their nearest Major Junior city counterparts as they tend to be comprised of almost all of former major junior captains/alternates on the blueline, and 60+ point players on almost all 4 lines up front. As Bob Stauffer illustrated before, the Alberta Golden Bears did beat the Oil Kings I believe 8-1 the last time they played. However, I would say the OUA conference is likely a step down from Major Junior, as would games played against the weaker opponents in the AUS/CW such as Regina or UBC. I would be very surprised if Laurier could best the Rangers, University of Windsor beat the Spitfires, or UBC beat the Giants in a best of 7 series. The perennial bottom dwellers like UofT or Queen's would likely get demolished by the Majors or Frontenacs I would think more often than not.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote