View Single Post
Old
10-05-2011, 04:30 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I have bad news on Schenn. According to someone on the main board the 25 games bonus simply does not exist. He claims that Dreger has no clue what is going on. Apparently sending down Schenn does nothing whatsoever to his cap hit. There are two more likely scenarios.

1. Schenn spends the year in the AHL.
2. Schenn is sent down and recalled multiple times throughout the season which creates a few thousand in cap space. Something that the hawks used to do with Jack Skille.

Other than that we drop Couturier and bring Schenn up after 9 games.

God damnit! Just when I was getting my hopes up!

Either you or the person on the main board are a troll. there have been MULTIPLE sources, one including Holmgren himself who said that Schenn is being sent down "purely for cap reasons" that verify that part of his "paret B" bonuses.

Now, to my fellow flyers fans, unless I missed a transaction somewhere along the line, we sit at 50 contracts without Couturiers counting correct? From everything we have heard, the Flyers are impressed with Couturier and he'll start the season on the Flyers. Holmgren said that he doesn't know how long Schenn will spend in the minors but to me it all seems to depend upon Couturier and our "50 contract" status. It's no secret that one of the reasons we waived Betts, Bart and Walker is in hopes that one of them gets claimed, thus freeing up a contract spot. If none get claimed then I think that Holmgren will look to move someone via a trade to free up a contract spot. If we can't clear a contract spot before game 10 then Couturier would HAVE to go back to juniors correct??? Because of the uncertainty of Couturier and the 50 contract status I think that this is the reason that Homer is saying he doesn't know how long Schenn will spend in the AHL.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote