View Single Post
Old
10-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
There's nothing wrong with it when it is warranted. Shelley, I agree is warranted. Others, have been warranted. But if you look back at trades/signings/etc made in the last two years or so, nearly all of the "bad" moves are immediately scrutinized as terrible before the trade has even really had a chance to be evaluated. Meanwhile, a good move is made and its just yeah ok this was a marginally good move but Homer is still the worst GM in the league. And despite the fact that the majority of these "bad" moves have had little to no impact on this team, they are still lauded as terrible moves and proof that Homer is a bad GM, while his good moves, that have had a much bigger impact are more exceptions to the rule and anyone who defends Homer (me and like four other posters) is an apologist.

Like I said from the beginning, just looking for some consistency. Homer makes a bad move, I've criticized him. Homer makes questionable moves, I've defended him until they play out. Homer makes a good move, I praise him. The majority of this place, however, criticizes to the max if the move isn't 100% immediately apparent that it is a hands down good move (which doesn't often happen here, or anywhere) and will only offer a passing good word about how every once in a while Homer makes a good move and it doesn't make up for his bad ones.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but that is just the way it seems to me on here. Maybe I'm off on this? Anyone?
Give it a break dude. There was no reason for you to start all of this again. We get it, you like Homer.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote