View Single Post
Old
10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
also this isn't suprising, in order to win a spot, he had to outplay A-Mart, which he didnt. Even though it was only pre-season, A-Mart was far superior to VV in the defensive zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
You probably know this but you do not want a talented kid sitting when he can be playing 20+ min in Manchester. Drewiske is now in the same position as P. Harrold was here. So when a player gets injured VV will be the first one recalled regardless if its a stay at home D.

VV, Drewiske, sign or trade for a veteran or Hickey. That is the order.
I 100% guarantee VV will see NHL ice this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would think that Drewiske is with the team as the #7 to fill in when one of the top 6 defensemen has a minor injury or just needs a night off. If a long term injury occurs either Muzzin, Voynov, or Hickey (outside chance) will get called up and inserted into the lineup. The player called up will depend on how they are playing in Manchester.

It would be dumb for Voynov to go back to Europe when he is so close to making it in the NHL. He is only 21 years old, what does he expect?
I agree with these guys above. You want Voynov to play the spot of Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson, Alec Martinez or maybe Willie Mitchell. Having Voynov play instead of Greene or Scuderi is hilarious since he's not that type of player or role. And I sure as hell don't see Voynov just being a 7th defenseman, he's way better than Drewiske. Drewiske is the spare part, the top six form the three pairs we will skate. I'm guessing if Greene or Scuderi get hurt, they'll call up Muzzin and or Hickey maybe. If DD8, JJ, AMart or Mitchell get hurt, they'll call up VV. If DD44 gets hurt, they'll call up Muzzin.

It really benefits VV and Hickey to play more and full time minutes in the AHL than be playing less than five minutes a night, maybe not even at all, in the NHL. Both those guys can still develop...Hickey needs to practice his NHL game more all around and VV needs to practice maybe his D. Muzzin is ready but his ceiling may not be as high as the other two.

I'm guessing Mitchell doesn't get re-signed when his contract is up, unless he gives like a 33% home team discount. He'll have to give up at least 200K a year.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote