View Single Post
Old
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Once again, not picking on Legwand, but...1st line center, come on!
I agree that he has finishing issues, but I don't see Perreault or Johnson playing as well as Legwand is overall.

The problem, to me, is not that Legwand is our first line center, it's that we don't have any "first line center." Of the centers on our current roster, Legwand is the best, imo, thus he should center the first line. It'd be nice to have him in his true role on a 2nd line and, say, Joe Thornton on the first line, but we don't have that luxury.

The one positive is that he's closer than he's ever been to the elusive breakout. I mean very close. The lapses aren't there any more. He is charging the net more, he seems more agressive, the defense is there, and I don't know the stats, but it seems like he's better at faceoffs. maybe not?

I think he is the finishing away from being a complete player and maybe even a true "first line center". Of course, the finishing is the hard part because some people have it and some don't, and it's possible he just doesn't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
but where is all the media attention?
What do you mean, i can't believe all the media attention we're getting! Our highlights are on ESPN, for goodness sake. Like, almost every game, too. We made the front page of espn.com twice in the past week.

It might not seem like much to you, and it's really not, but when you had your highlights on espn about 10 out of 82 games a season for the first 6 seasons, the treatment we're getting now is pretty much like we're the Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Patriots, Lakers, Brett Favre, Bill Parcells, and Tiger Woods combined, compared to the first several seasons.