View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadawg View Post
Thanks for this. Barkov sounds like a Russian name. I was surprised to learn he was Finnish. He's certainly been getting a lot of buzz lately, especially after the strong Ivan Hlinka tournament.

Hopefully someone else can give some insight on a top 10 list.
I think merging a list between the North Americans and the Europeans at this point is very difficult to do. Whilst many of the Top North American prospects are visible to us all to an extent now because they are eligible for Junior hockey, the European guys by and large won't be playing in their respective men's leagues yet. It would be almost impossible i'd say for anyone who isn't extremely extremely well acquainted with the Junior age classes worldwide for this draft to make any sort of respectable list. For instance, who here can even begin to really feel confident on who the Top Russian players for this draft are and what skillsets do they have?

Perhaps it's just better to listen to the experts of individual regions/areas/leagues and their assessment at the moment.

Does seem odd though, how 2012 is stacked for North American D but pretty light on true top end NA Forwards, yet 2013 at this stage, has what appears to be a crazy number of extremely hyped Forwards (moreso than i can actually remember).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote