View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
This is speculation coming from Anthony S.

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.co...r-demoted.html

Quote:
Thursday at 1230 pm - Laviolette directs all questions about Walker to Paul Holmgren.

Thursday at 1245 pm - Holmgren says there is nothing wrong with Walker and that he didn't skate because he "wanted to work on other things."

Thursday at 1pm - I get a text confirming Andreas Lilja will play and Walker won't.

So what happened?

I can't figure honestly. I do not believe he's injured at all. If he were, Holmgren would have offered an obligatory "upper" or "lower" body injury. He didn't do that.

I guess they could be holding him out of everything because of a pending trade. But I'm not sure they want to do that now. Bartulis would have to clear recall waivers to come back... Which is unlikely as teams could get him for half his salary (which would be $300,000) and Erik Gustafsson needs to play in the AHL to improve.

Or maybe, and this is really just speculation and not confirmed by anyone at all, maybe Walker was pulled from the start because of something disciplinary.

Hey, stranger things have happened.

I mean seriously, what other things was Walker working possibly working on if he wasn't skating with the team or even in the building?