View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 12:28 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
ot sure what made Eklund so desirable. It certainly wasn’t his production. Many available centers have more attractive numbers.

Keith Brown had crept up, almost to the top of my list, since Doughtygate. He is a real solid pick right now. I would not have hesitated to select him.

I wouldn’t call Daze an elite winger, but when all is said and done he will probably be a good one. He’s not as good as O’Neill though. O’Neill’s 5 best percentage seasons add up to 310, Daze is just at 271. O’Neill was a physical beast at his peak, Daze never was. Neither had any defensive ability whatsoever. O’Neill was often maddeningly inconsistent. Daze always was. The reason Daze has a better career PPG is because O’Neill played 37% more games than him. Daze was a better peak goal scorer though.

Thank you for taking Oliver Seibert, now I don’t have to be the one to take him and defend why he’s in the HHOF.

-----------------------------------------

Regina’s 4 th selection is Viktor Polupanov, C. Polupanov had a pretty short career, but he was a very talented offensive player. He was 2nd in scoring at two major olympic tournaments (1967 worlds, 1968 olympics), both times behind only Firsov, and was 3rd in soviet league scoring twice –1967, behind Firsov and Alexandrov, and 1968, behind Firsov and Starshinov. He was also 8th in scoring in 1969, and was a 2nd team soviet league all-star in 1967 and 1968. He played 28 international games, scoring 21 goals and 19 assists for 40 points. His 154 soviet league goals came in just 293 games, for an average of 0.53 per game.

point form recap:

- Twice 2nd in scoring in a major international tournament (1967 Worlds, 1968 Olympics), both times 2nd to only Firsov.
- 40 points in 28 major international games.
- According to chidlovski, 33rd all-time with 46 goals in all major and minor international games for CCCP (everyone else in the top-38 with 40+ goals is drafted)
- 154 goals in 293 Soviet league games
- Twice 2nd team Soviet all-star, both times behind Starshinov.
- 3rd in Soviet league scoring in 1966 behind Firsov & Alexandrov (the rest of the top-7 are drafted)
- 3rd in Soviet league scoring in 1967 behind Firsov & Starshinov (7 of the top-10 are drafted)
- 8th in Soviet league scoring in 1968 behind Starshinov, Firsov, Zimin, Vikulov, Mayorov, Mikhailov and one undrafted)

Last edited by seventieslord: 10-30-2011 at 12:42 AM.
seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote