View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
shamrun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I just been told (post draft) that PIMs are worth positives points in the fantasy league's total.

Why I asked why roughing, slashing, hooking, tripping, high-sticking etc... Is supposed to be a positive, I got the answer "all the leagues do it"

Since I know sophistry when I see one, I kept arguing to know why putting your team at a disadvantage is supposed to be good, until I got told to shut up.

I am open to arguments. Please tell me why dumb penalties are suppose to count as a positive. If you wanna reward tough play, why not count hits and blocked shots instead?

Sometimes it shows that a player is active on the ice and hustling. it's arguable what kind of penalty the player taking of course. I just believe that football is the bar for fantasy and everything in that sport is counted. Its a sport that is heavily doused in stats which i find annoying.

So my guess is that this is a stat added to make tougher decisions when drafting. milan lucic might get 60 pts this year but his PIM minutes would put him over other 60 point players for example.

There are some custom leagues you can join that dont have this i believe.