View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 05:37 PM
HOZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I know this team is struggling, and haven't been able to put three good periods together since beating Colorado. But isnt that what young team's do?

The Oilers have been incredibly streaky under MacT, and alot of that is because they're young. You could see them sag last night, and against St. Louis after the Blues got a couple of quick ones.

But there's alot to like.

Ales Hemsky looks like he's going to blow by the 50 points I predicted by the All Star break.

Ryan Smyth has moved to center and done well.

Bergeron has been solid.

Semenov looks as good as he always has to me.

Brewer is struggling, but still has so much natural talent that he can make up for many mistakes.

Torres is a beauty.

I remain on Shawn Horcoff's side.

York is starting to get a point a game or so.

Staios and Smith are solid.

Reasoner has been exceptional.

They'll come out blazing Thursday, and give Detroit a run on Saturday too.

imo this team has alot of high end talent, very young talent, but it's there.

I'm excited about this team and this season.
Ya there is lots to like. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until after the CBA is negotiated to find out if it really is good in Edmonton or elsewhere.

I am not too sure what people thought this team could do but when Lowe traded Niiminaa, Carter and let Marchant go and brought back a bunh of projects...some bells should have gone off. This team is set for the CBA and afterwards. This year has already been thrown away. . Comrie will be gone by Christmas. Salo's play and the contract that comes with it is tough to swallo or trade. He is playing so poorly we couldn't give him away. AND The back-ups have vitually no NHL experience.

Ovechkin sweapstakes here we come!!!!