View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockH View Post
Higgins and Lappy were both added by playoff time though. Who cares how the opening day rosters compare? It's how the playoff rosters compare. Add those two deadline acquisitions to the roster and the 4th line last year vs this year isn't all that different. Not that I'm exceptionally unhappy with the current lineup, but unless we either:
A) have better injury luck,
or
B) Make similar deadline acquisitions this year (another Lappy + Higgins),

then we have not made any clear/major upgrades. Maybe that's okay, and maybe expecting enough depth to cover up the types of injuries we had last year is unreasonable. But lets call it like it is.
A) We had exceptionally bad injury luck last year to our defense and we were still tops in the league for goals against. It couldn't really get any worse, so I'd look for an improvement from last year in man-games lost. For this alone I think we'll make up for the loss in Ehrhoff.

B) You can almost guarantee that GMMG isn't done with this lineup. Once we get our forwards back to being healthy and reduce the roster to 23, we'll have about 2 million in cap space. By the deadline that's about a 6M player coming back in return without removing someone from the roster. I think we're in a great position because of that extra cap space. We saw what GMMG was able to do last season with NO Cap space... I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with what we have.

Uhmkay is offline   Reply With Quote