jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
On the oiler board we have been discussing options

the two trade offers that popped up from leafs fans were

Komi + 2nd for Gagner
Gunnerson + 2nd for Gagner

both of these got reject
because 1) Komi's contract is too long and too big for what he does 2) While some leaf fans are very high on Gunnerson--from an oiler perspective we do not see him being a top 4 d-man--5/6 d-men are fairly easy to get. Oilers have Barker, Sutton, Smid, Petry, Chorny, Gilbert, with a scub named Potter on the roster till Whitney comes back. The wild card for the oilers is if Barker finds his game--smid is a good 3/4 d-man, Gilbert shows signs of being slightly better then average, Petry has a good upside and is quickly developing, and so that leaves Sutton and Chorny as 5/6(when Whitney comes back). Oilers also have a pile d-guys in the system that are coming along and I don't see Gunnerson being a top 4 d-man and for 5/6 d-man I do not see the oilers giving up a kid like Gagner.

I do not see the oilers being good trading partners as what the Oilers would ask for is something the Leafs would not give up

For the oilers to trade Gagner we would be asking for a guy like either Jake Gardiner and something fo Gagner and leaf fans would reject that idea

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote