View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Thanks for the update, P4G. That's too bad...the skill is certainly there, and I was moderately excited about the pick. Hopefully he's able to find his drive and start playing well, and it's just early season rust.
No problem. It should also be said that I am not trying to read too much into it. It is only 4 games into the season for Grenier, just calling it as I see it so far and thought people would be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
That's not really surprising, we knew he was a long-term prospect and that was pretty apparent in camp. But not working hard immediately after getting his first look at the pros, that's disappointing. Motivation shouldn't be a problem for him, he's 20 and needs to perform this year to get a contract.
Well, that's just it isn't it? It's more disappointment than anything that he is playing worse than he played late last year. I was hoping that with being drafted and the motivation of camp that he would come out guns blazing.

A little hustle goes a long way though even despite his other deficiencies in the short term. Then again, "intensity" is not an easily teachable intangible if you don't have it in the first place.

Not all is negative though. Last game he actually threw a hit

Jay Cee is online now   Reply With Quote