View Single Post
Old
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan789 View Post
Are there any Finnish prospects that have already done attention by their game, besides Aleksi Saarela? I have heard that Julius Nättinen is doing well at junior C level. He already has very good size (6´1" according to Eliteprospects). Just would be interesting if someone could throw some other Finnish names.
It’s early and I have only seen a portion of the early front-runners so far, but smooth skating defenseman Veeti Vainio from Blues might be worth keeping an eye on. Another Blues player; forward Joonas Niemelä played a few exhibition games with Jr.B, but seems to be off to a slow start in Jr.C. I have slightly mixed feelings about Julius Nättinen, it’s hard to put this into words but he seems to be lacking some sharpness in his movement and play with the puck. In addition his level of involvement isn’t always that high, perhaps his coordination is still recovering from fast growth. From other northern players Sebastian Aho has started the season well statistically, but for example Jonne Tammela is equally talented, he just isn’t getting similar support from his team.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote