View Single Post
Old
10-21-2005, 11:00 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I meant to say, as well...the one guy I have to knock...

draws notwithstanding, Yanic Perreault stinks. I had an open mind in training camp\the first couple of games, but I see less and less from this guy with each passing game. Meanwhile, I was impressed with what I saw Robo doing in the last Wild game. If nothing else, he can fly and has decent hands...not true on either count of Perreault.
I tried to have an open mind as well, but I am convinced that Perrault is worthless on the ice for anything except face offs, an occasional wrister from the slot, the occasional backdoor, and the occasional garbage goal. On the other hand, I hear he is a good guy in the locker room....and has been priceless teaching our other centers the pearls of the faceoff.
We have heard from Habs fans that he is very frustrating when he takes nights off.

All that being said, I have lowered my expectations for him. I know this is way too early, but considering his current stats of GP6 G2 A1 Pts3 -3.....his projected stats over 82 games would be G27 A14 Pts41 -41.
Compare that to his 2003/4 stats of GP69 G16 A15 Pts31 -10.
I think if he winds up with GP75 G25 A20 Pts45 -10 and leads the league in faceoffs again, he will have done everything we should have expected of him and be a major upgrade over Arkhipuff....