View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I think there could be more of a happy medium. Some teams use it all the time. Some in certain game situations.

Oilers just try to play the same way all night. Whether they are winning 3-0, losing 3-0, or tied 3-3.

But is this boring? No. There's always something to talk about when the games over too.

And for a change.......I would rather watch 8-10 Oiler playoff games as apposed to..........1 exciting game that they win and 4 frustrating ones they lose.
They sure could have used a sexy trap against St. Louis when they were up 3-0, that's for sure.

I guess what I find frustrating about MacT's style is that there's not much innovation. I remember when Fred Shero arrived in Philadelphia, everyone talked about how the Flyers were a bunch of thugs. While that was true, Shero also had 4 lines (instead of 3) and shorter shifts and a few other things going on (Parent, but he also pure offensive players like MacLeish and Leach playing big minutes).

Lemaire is the same way. Everyone talks about the trap, but he gets offense out of the damndest places, and as I recall their powerplay beats the BeJesus out of the Oilers pp.

I think the Oilers are a hard team for someone like MacTavish to coach. He'd be better with a more veteran team.