View Single Post
Old
10-07-2011, 07:19 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
I understand the point and, while it's disappointing that V-Tank for example didn't look as ready as I thought he would, it's a bit disingenuous to take this situation and use it as an indictment of the team's D-men pipeline. Could we use another candidate right now? Absolutely. But if we had him, we'd be talking about a guy who's maybe ready for 10 min a night on the third pair, not a guy who's ready to step in and be a #1. The fact of the matter is that when you lose your top defenseman, you're almost always going to have to struggle to cover for it. Same with your top forward (to a lesser degree) and your top goalie (to a greater). Of course they need to keep drafting depth defensemen, but I don't think the situation the team finds itself in is reflective of a failure to address the position recently. The sad fact is that it's just not possible to replace a Staal when he's out for an extended period of time.

(I do wish they had signed one middle of the road vet over the summer, however.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote