View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 07:37 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
They sure could have used a sexy trap against St. Louis when they were up 3-0, that's for sure.

I guess what I find frustrating about MacT's style is that there's not much innovation. I remember when Fred Shero arrived in Philadelphia, everyone talked about how the Flyers were a bunch of thugs. While that was true, Shero also had 4 lines (instead of 3) and shorter shifts and a few other things going on (Parent, but he also pure offensive players like MacLeish and Leach playing big minutes).

Lemaire is the same way. Everyone talks about the trap, but he gets offense out of the damndest places, and as I recall their powerplay beats the BeJesus out of the Oilers pp.

I think the Oilers are a hard team for someone like MacTavish to coach. He'd be better with a more veteran team.
Yeah that's the thing. I don't think MacT is a bad coach. This one just isn't a good fit.

I don't know how good of a coach Julien is (or will become). But I was let down when I heard the Habs got him. He knows alot of these kids. I could be wrong and the guy could be a flop in Hab land......but it was a faint hope for Craigs exit. That vanished.

I was also let down when Lowe announced he had MacT signed up. I was such an optimist after Lowes PC when he said MacT may explore other options.

We're stuck with him.......and I have a hard time with that.