View Single Post
Old
10-07-2011, 08:29 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Timonen to me was the best defender and one of the best Flyers tonight. Easily one of the biggest unsung heros.

JVR, I agree, but to me it is because of his linemates. I'm not a fan of JVR with Giroux or Jagr at all. He almost looks like the third wheel with them out there and he is unable to do what he does that makes him effective.

Id drop JVR with Briere and Voracek and bump Simmonds to the top line
Agree on Timonen, Coburn played well too imo. I think switching JvR and Simmonds might happen soon. We'll see how it works out, it could be great but it would require Simmonds to play a little more with his head than he has so far. It's not just enough to be the big body, he has too keep up with what it is Jagr and Giroux are doing. He's out there with them on the pp already, but then it's more or less "just" about positioning himself in front of the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I think we've been a bit unfair to Lilja because of his contract. He's very serviceable as a number 6 or 7.
I've been very pessimistic about the Lilja signing, but I have to agree that he had a pretty decent game last night. Not much more you can ask from your 6th d, maybe that he could eat a few more minutes, he only played 12.

On that note, I don't quite understand why we played Pronger as much as we did. He had a pretty rough game and has just returned after an injury. Unless they believe that the more he plays in the beginning the quicker he'll find his old game again.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote