View Single Post
Old
10-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Nice, thank you.

Sometimes I can't believe how black and white fans make these decisions out to be. Rundblad didn't earn a full 82 game season ahead of Lee, and neither did Kuba.

1. Kuba's got a contract, and the only way he can increase value is by playing. The only reason they can force themselves to shelve him, or buy him out, is by seeing how bad he is on the ice. Sounds like they've held talks about him with other teams, no interest....if he sits, there will continue to be no interest...if he plays and plays decently, maybe someone bites. If we can get value out of Kuba, that's a nice coup for this rebuilding team. Getting something back for Kuba soon, or the possibility of it, is more important than beating the Wings tonight.

2. Rundblad is either ready for the NHL, or he isn't. They can't get closer to finding that out by putting him in the pressbox and it's better to find out now....than to let the guy gather 2-3 weeks worth of rust before they let him go at it again.

IE. The Sens know they may not ice the best lineup they could ice on this given day....but they do know they may get closer to answering questions that will help them ice the best lineup they can going forward.
I think the real truth is B. Lee cannot make an NHL play with his back is against the action, ie when he is skating towards his net - compare this to Rundblad who can not only turn and make plays with the puck he can outskate forewchekcers - B. Lee cannot do either of these things.

It's simple, if Lee was an NHL'er he'd be in the lineup on opening night, he's not a legit top 6 Dman on the Sens anyways, and for a lot of fans they think he looked good playing on a losing team, how do you think he fits into a team that is playing to win this year versus one that played like it was going to lose last year. lee doesn;t look to me like a player that helps you win.

If anything the contract excuses on these boards - they'd start Lee so they could trade him, benching him for game 1 reduces his value huge and hurts his chances of making our lineup if Rundblad scores or looks even somewhat decent against one of the best teams in the NHL in his 1st game

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote