View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Ricci costs too much at this point. I thought he would have been a great addition last year at the deadline, but it didn't happen. I don't think we need another center right now either, especially with Nikolishan playing well, and Ricci costing 3 mil. I think Scott Thornton would be a more likely candidate, as he adds everything we need as well. Leadership, defense, physical play, and can chip in offensively as well. Plus he costs less than half of what Ricci makes at 1.425 mil. He would be a great replacement as our third line right winger, if he could switch to the right. Have either him, or Kono, played on the right before?

The only thing stoping this, would be who we would have to give up. We will probably need to trade for a goalie later on, and will need assets to trade then. I'm still hoping The Washintong deal was a setup for a deal later on in the season, sending Kolzig and maybe Witt over here, for like Skoula, and a pick or something to help even out the first trade. Also, I don't know why but, I kinda hope we get Cujo. I know a lot of you guys will disgree with me on this, but I think Detroit is desperate enough to get rid of him, that they will eat up a lot of his salary, and won't ask for too much in return. Plus I think he will be really hungry to prove himself, and get back at Detroit for how they treated him, and would play great against them if we meet in the playoffs. Just a thought.