View Single Post
Old
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
could not agree more...

Boucher being let go by the organization was a terrible terrible decision at the time, and hindsight is only making it look worse and worse. They knew, or should have known, what they had in him given his incredible work in Hamilton, and wether it meant convincing him to stay on under Martin until 2012, or biting the bullet and replacing JM despite the eastern conference appearance, letting him go was a massive error.

Gainey not stepping aside a bit sooner to make way for Yzerman was equally foolish, and that he stepped down a few months later to let his buddy PG take over shows that nepotism, not excellence, was prioritized in the organization... nothing about PG's previous track record, nor his input as head of pro scouting while with the habs, pointed towards a guy who should be running the most storied franchise in the league... at least not if a return to excellence was the true desire.

those two decisions, and the thinking behind them, is exactly why Gainey lost my faith as a fan of the team, and reflect a organizational leadership lacking the kind of winning mentality that was once a staple of the organization.
Yzerman was never really an option, and that pisses me off as much as anybody. But I'm guessing this thread isn't the place for that powder keg.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote