View Single Post
Old
10-22-2005, 02:55 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO
that would be a great trade for the flyers, wow. Drew Fata who doesn't even project to be an NHL player and a prospect in Stone who won't be ready for several years and is no lock. This helps the Flyers how? They are trying to win now. I bet you would do that in a heartbeat. Stop being a homer and put something decent on the table.

I am flyers fan and he isn't a #1 center. He is underrated IMO on these boards. The Flyers would have no interest in a first round pick unless top 10. IMO they would want a proven winger who can score or a young solid d man who has shown he can play. Picks and prospects don't make any sense for the Flyers at this point.
Which is another reason that they aren't good trading partners...

Handzus would not fetch a top 10 pick. He is a valuable asset, but I highly doubt any team would even think about a top ten pick for him.

I never said Fata or Bolf was a great prize. They are prospect depth defensemen, and throwins in the deal. Stone is a good prospect who is the type of player that the Flyers like. He and the second round pick are the main cogs in the deal, which is close to Handzus' value, IMO.

But, the Flyers are not looking for prospects so much as an improvement for now by moving a center for a winger, so they wouldn't make this trade, much less to a division opponent.