View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Joe Maximum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Sadly that would be the argument some people would use if Koivu returned tonight with the same outcome. Its ridiculous, but I can't believe people think that he should come back and be playing with guys like Ward and Sundstrom because the team is playing okay - not great, just okay. There are two lines on this team that have anything remotely close to chemistry, the checking line and Ribeiro's line, the rest are a mismatch of players who can't be counted on to generate any sort of consistent play. As sad as this may seem, it would be better if Montreal was losing when Koivu returns because it would kill another potential story that some montreal faithful could eat up.

Montreals best forwards, including current play, are Koivu, Zednik, Ribeiro, Hossa, Bulis, and Ryder. Those should be your top two lines (the combination I think is obvious). Perreault is playing well, I just can't see where he fits in on this team. Audette, well, I think he has been covered.
I totally agree. I don't know why people are considering the Audette Perreault Ryder line as a line with chemistry. They REALLY clicked together for 1 game, most other games you see offense generated by that line it is a direct result of a ryder's play. Ryder is hitting, he's driving the net, and even dishes out the occasional pass. We all know Perreault is a good faceoff man, but I honestly doubt his top 2 center abilities. He is unable to establish any sort of offensive zone presence. Occasionally he will score the picture perfect top corner wrister, but he's been overrated due to the fact he's playing with michael ryder. My 6th sense tells me Yannick is on his way out, and personally I wouldn't mind Ryder Koivu Audette.

I despise Audette as much as the next guy, but when it comes to picking between who plays with koivu and ryder, i'd pick Donald. why? because at least Donald Audette shows some traces of hockey sense and decent burst. With Saku and Ryder, I'm sure he could produce. Ryder Koivu Perreault just doesn't sound right.

My (healthy) lineup on offense
Hossa Ribs Zed
Ryder Koivu Audette
Bulis Juneau Dackell
Kilger/Langdon Begin Ward

As you might notice, Perreault is the odd man out. I really liked this guy during 2001-2002, but his time in montreal is up IMHO