Should have kept Pouliot instead of Kostitsyn
View Single Post
10-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
1. Save about 2 million in cap space
Desharnais-Eller-Kostitsyn, is a much better third line then: Desharnais-Eller-Pouliot.
2. Could have gotten a 2nd rounder for Andrei (better asset management)
You can still get that by trade deadline, if management really wants to ship him out.
3. AK is a UFA at end of year, probably will lose him for nothing
See point #2.
4. Pouliot speaks french
Kostitsyn is still a better player. Speaking the native language of this province doesn't make you better.
5. Pouliot can fight
No he can't. Beating on Wade Redden and knocking out Krejci doesn't scream fighter. Moen-Betts-White will handle that, your third line needs to concentrate on shutting down opposition, which Kostitsyn does a much better job.
You want cons?
1. Production goes down.
2. Third line isn't as good with Pouliot.
3. Hitting goes down; Kostitsyn hits, Pouliot does not.
4. The rate of tripping over the blue line drastically goes up.
5. You're choosing a healthy scratch from Boston over someone that can play in the top 6 or a defensive third line winger role.
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
View Public Profile
Crimson Skorpion's albums
Find More Posts by Crimson Skorpion