View Single Post
Old
10-23-2005, 12:15 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
That is a terrible, terrible idea. This isn't the NFL guys. People aren't staying home so that they can watch the game on TV. They are staying home because they feel something better is on TV than at the Preds game. As someone who had to stay home, the LSU v. Auburn game was a lot more compelling TV than the Preds game. Granted, I watched every second of the Preds game, but I have a hard time blaming fans for wanting to watch that game. The new rules may be all for speed, but we aren't exactly playing a super exciting brand of hockey. For some reason or another, we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Fans don't want to watch Kariya rifle it into the goalie's chest or Legwand rip it three feet wide. And, unfortunately, that is what they are getting right now. The game was exciting as hell for me, but I can easily understand someone who would rather stay home and catch the end of the UT/Bama game and the entire LSU/Auburn game.

Blacking out the game just keeps those who can't attend from watching the game. It does nothing to punish those who could have attending but chose not to.

Oh yeah, and there was something called the World Series on tonight. I didn't know it until I saw the highlights on SportsCenter. That had to play some sort of role in this. It's going to be tough sledding unless we start putting some goals on the board. We are competing with some good football action and the World Series. Let's see how we look in mid January before we start freaking out.