View Single Post
Old
10-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Mosetter27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Money is one of the reasons i'm not playing this year, as well. The job i'm working until i go try out in Europe pays me a good amount more.

ECHL is between 17 and 30 thousand depending on who you are. We also get our housing covered for 9 months. But of course, you got to pay for your own food, entertainment, etc etc. Generally in the 3 months off the lower paid guys have to find a summer job.

I've known a bunch of people who give up on their hockey careers at the age of 24 or 25 because of the financial situations. Also, a lot of us ECHLers will go to europe. Someone also told me Japan is an option, but in all honesty i've never looked into Japan.

And yes, i'm a goalie. Been one for about 17 years now. Never played another position.
pardon for seeming rude but i did a hockeydb search and found no goalie to play for both wranglers and jackals... i am very intrigued would you mind sharing your name?..

also that pretty decent salary... my buddy works for the Camden Riversharks, a independent baseball team and the most a player can be paid is $3000 a month and they only play for like 3 months... anyway have fun at the games!!!

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote