View Single Post
Old
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
SC champs or not, the guy is supposed to be better than our 40+ pts A.K. and there was no room for him even on a 4th line ? really ?
While I'm writing on this thread, nowhere do I suggest he's better than AKost. The topic kinda changed a little. AKost is by far a superior player and I believe we'll see it the day he leaves the Habs...though that's another story....or is it the same....

But answering your post as it is, well while I don't say he will or won't, we have already seen players not good enough for our coaches and ended up doing better elsewhere...and we saw it from other teams as well. No, again, seeing that a coach prefers a guy over another is not ALWAYS relevant. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. It comes down to coach preference, to style of play, to the player's own determination etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
On the flip side though, does he really bring anything you can't get out of a Darche type player? I used to think he did but now I'm starting to think that he doesn't have it in him.
Not really. I know we used to love the Pouliot that was scoring all the time. Then for some reasons, confidence left him and was never able to gain it back. Don't get me wrong, CLEARLY, Pouliot has to look himself in the mirror. But it's tough with that kind of talent, to let go a player without really knowing what he can give you more. Clearly, coaches can work better with certain types of players. And strangely enough, we traded a guy, Lats, who was clearly not Martin's type of player for another guy who's a Lats clone as far as effort, defensive coverage and all.....And surprisingly, it didn't work either.

Just to be sure....having written all of that....the subject of the thread in itself makes no sense. Kostitysn over Pouliot a 1000 times and more. Should be closed since the subject has changed.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote