View Single Post
Old
10-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
26+ minutes. Second highest icetime on the Rangers, behind Girardi.

Darn, but we traded a 26-minute top-pairing D-man for useless overpaid Gomez! Seriously, where would McDonagh fit on the Habs' current chart? 4th-ish?
3rd or 4th behind Subban and Gorges, but for me debatable with Spacek. Now, we all adore and love Martin and I can tell you that in the middle of the year, if Subban suffers from some braincramps, that McDonagh and his steady play would get some time off Subban's icetime. McDonagh would fit perfectly in Martin's type of hockey while Subban might not always. Though as a whole, McDo would be behind Subban....but the day you have no choice but to use Subban in protecting a lead, chances are you would have seen a McDo instead. And to me that's pretty important.

Yes, Rangers are weak and thin on D which makes his icetime greater.....but while he's paired with one of those guys, he doesn't do a bad job and makes no glaring mistakes. Mind you, Lundqvist might repair a couple of those unseen errors, I though have a feeling Price does the same here.

I,d love to see all the guys favoring the Rangers to win the Division. Can't be a majority. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see them in the playoffs.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote