View Single Post
Old
10-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i also want to add that the organization changed gears/focus a bit when they brought torts in to the picture. Before torts renney had a group of mainly jagr and jagr's buddies with some young guys, then they went away and drury and gomez were brought in and supposed to be the group to make a legit #1 line, it did not happen, jagr left after that season and just past the halfway mark of the next season renney was fired because the team (i wouldn't say gave up), was just not performing, and in came torts, and now with a few exceptions, this team is mainly homegrown and we got guts and we have a blue collar work attitude, we did not play good in our first 2 games, there were parts that were, but not overall, which gives us hope i think. The thing i love about this team is even when they are not on their game, things are not going their way, they do not give up. Cally is the rightful captain of this team and really plays his heart out.

I want this team to succeed don't get me wrong, but since the lockout this is a team that i feel has been exciting to watch every season, with some speed bumps, but i will take this team with our homegrown talent and the few additions and of course henrik lundqvist any day. I feel this is going to be a great year for them!

Renney was a coach we could all like because of how he was, he was a great guy, a nice guy. Now we have torts who is a rough guy to handle, however, i look around the league at other coaches and i don't think anyone fits the mold needed to coach this rangers team like torts. Torts has given this team and identity, this team last season had a lot of one goal games lost last season, they also never lost a game going into the third winning and they came back in the third to win 8 times, 2nd most in league, penalty kill was good...this team was on the edge of being a fringe playoff team to being a serious playoff team, i think they are past that now, i think they are a serious playoff team. I feel they will work out the kinks and get back to the things they were doing good last season and improve heavily on the things they have struggled with.
Agreed 100%.

Nice to see some optimism.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote