View Single Post
Old
10-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Pound for pound i thought Pouliot was the best player on the ice tonight (meaning time he got and what he did with it) julien is easing him in to the system and not making him log big minutes. But he looked really good, I was impressed and a bit surprised. He had a thunderous hit on his first shift, played well defensively, kept plays alive, used his reach to break up plays and dangle around him, he was honestly just fun to watch. I hope he keeps his chemistry going with Seguin because Seguin could use a good winger to feed his passes to.

Overall I like what I'm seeing and if he keeps it going I'll be happy for Benoit that he put it together, he's a good guy with a sad story from juniors and im just pulling for him.
Good to hear. Though the problem for him is not to be good at a certain night. It's to keep it that way. Pretty sure you remember how stellar he was for us last year at one point and then....didn't take a whole lot before the confidence left him. You have to wish he's either a changed man, or that Julien will give him every bit of confidence he needs even when it's not going well. And the problem here is Boston depth. You had to sat Caron out to make room for him. I know I wouldn't. Unless you sit Paille, Campbell or Thornton for him which I wouldn't either since that's a perfect 4th line. We'll see how it evolves.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote