Thread: Our defense
View Single Post
Old
10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leblanc will never be a center at the NHL level and it remains to be seen if he'll ever do more than spot duty on the top two lines. I agree that Eller and Plekanec will be better centers than Grabo and Ribeiro. However, Grabovski right now is a more dynamic, faster, creative center and he actually has the capability of scoring goals. He is better than Gomez at this stage in their careers and it was managements mistake to trade them and get horrific returns.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Grabovski was traded a whole year before we acquired Gomez. Also we traded him the year after finishing first in the conferences. The habs prepared for big things(unfortunately injuries and internal team strife caused otherwise) and traded picks and prospect to bring in more offensive depth(Lang and Tanguay).

Also, Grabovski at the time had to beat Koivu and Plekanec for a spot on the top 2 lines.

It just wasn't a fit. Unless Gainey foresaw the team collapsing entirely, I really don't think he can be blamed for the Grabovski trade. Also, I don't get why it was a horrific return for Grabosvki when he hadn't shown anything in the nhl and was just an overaged prospect who yeilded a 2nd and a prospect.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote