View Single Post
Old
10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You see he's not really top 6 in strength time. Even with Cammalleri's injury: Gomez, Plekanec, Gionta, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn all had as much if not more even strength ice and significantly more total icetime. He never averaged 14 minutes/game in any of his successful seasons. If you look at his icetime in his good seasons and bad seasons you'll notice he's best when playing 18+ (like he was in preseason). He played 9 more even strength seconds than Moen too.
Over two games he is sixth in ES ice time if you include Cammalleri, which is definitely fair. I agree I'd like to see him get a bit more time, but we've also been shorthanded a lot which cuts into his available ice time cause that is not his bag. Like I said, I think he should get some PP time to see how it goes, even though he's reportedly not great at it, and I'm sure he'll get his chance there. But if he is consistently top 6 in even strength ice time, not much you can say against that.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
You may also have noticed that Cole, for all his goodness, is not playing great though, so the low ice time is warranted so far.
And of course this is true. He just hasn't shown a demand for more ice time yet, no doubt in my mind he'll get it going and his ice time will improve, but right now I think top 6 ES ice time is definitely fair for Cole.