View Single Post
Old
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Over two games he is sixth in ES ice time if you include Cammalleri, which is definitely fair. I agree I'd like to see him get a bit more time, but we've also been shorthanded a lot which cuts into his available ice time cause that is not his bag. Like I said, I think he should get some PP time to see how it goes, even though he's reportedly not great at it, and I'm sure he'll get his chance there. But if he is consistently top 6 in even strength ice time, not much you can say against that.

EDIT:

And of course this is true. He just hasn't shown a demand for more ice time yet, no doubt in my mind he'll get it going and his ice time will improve, but right now I think top 6 ES ice time is definitely fair for Cole.
He actually has PK'd in Carolina and his PK TOI per PK goals against is pretty good but obviously we have better options. Our powerplay has been awful so it can't hurt to have Cole in front of the net or something to change things up. His 12 EV min is still 3rd liner type minutes (compared around the league). He played nearly 15 EV min in Carolina.

For the love of god take Plekanec off the point though...what a waste. It didn't work in preseason and it sure as hell didn't work in regular season perhaps it's time to change it lol.