View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Kenadyan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug
Erm, guys .... after looking under a few rocks and such. I came to the conclusion Comrie will be sitting at least untill after christmass. Very few teams have what Edmonton wants in a trade (ie; a scoring centre or another puck moving defensman). And of those teams that might have something Lowe would like back, fewer still would give it up for a small, cocky centre who doesn't like to be held accoutable for his performance.

I say Comrie will sit out the entire year. If you disagree, convince me there is a trade partner out there somewhere, who has enough interest in Comrie to make a deal happen.
I would agree that he will be forced by Lowe to sit out the entire year, except that near the trade deadline, I could see a couple of playoff teams possibly wanting to add some scoring (e.g. Detroit, Dallas, Philadelphia among others) for a playoff run (especially with the potential lock-out next season).

It is at that time that Lowe may get some better offers than he is getting now (he could possibly play some teams against each other in a bidding war) for Comrie. If not, then I agree that Comrie won't see ice time in the NHL this season.