View Single Post
Old
10-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
Why not Chris Clark?

With Betts gone and Engqvist not ready, why not Chris Clark? Big, tough, RH shot. Strong defensive player. Consumate team man. Would not be pricey at this point in his career. Only drawback is that he is a winger which means that White would have to move over and center the 4th line.

Recently cut by the Bruins, he was more a victim of numbers than of poor play. This from Boston:

link

Chris Clark did not get a job with the Bruins [team stats], but coach Claude Julien gave him a heck of a recommendation yesterday.

Clark spent the entire training camp with the Bruins on a tryout, but on the eve of the season on Wednesday he was told that there wasn’t any room for him[/B]. It just wasn’t the right fit, said Julien.

“It was a tough call and, again, I was one of the guys standing up here saying he’s got good experience and good leadership qualities. And at the end of the day, as a whole group, a tough decision was made,” said Julien before last night’s 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.

“Anybody who asks me the question right now, I’ll answer without hesitation that Chris Clark can still play in the NHL. That’s not a question,” Julien added.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 10-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote