Old
10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Dude, come on. I'm not putting words in your mouth, you said he screws up simple things, as if the CBA and signing players is simple. No, the words you used were not "Being a GM is simple." But if saying he screws up simple things, which I'd argue the CBA and signing players is not simple, you are implying that being a GM is at least, in some ways, simple.

Arguing the he said she said is a great way to shift the focus off my argument, that being that you are putting speculative results above, or at least on the same level as, actual ones.
You're taking what I said, and turning it into something completely different. I'm not going to bother debating you while you do that, because there's no point trying. I say something, you change it and debate something else that I'm not even saying.

edit: It took me 7 minutes to find the relevant information in the CBA. 7 minutes. That's pretty simple.

Quote:
"100 Percent Rule" for Multi-Year SPCs. The difference between the stated
Player Salary and Bonuses in the first two League Years of an SPC cannot exceed the
amount of the lower of the two League Years. Thereafter, in all subsequent League
Years of the SPC, (i) any increase in Player Salary and Bonuses from one League Year to
another may not exceed the amount of the lower of the first two League Years of the SPC
(or, if such amounts are the same, that same amount); and (ii) any decrease in Player
Salary and Bonuses from one League Year to another may not exceed 50 percent of the
Player Salary and Bonuses of the lower of the first two League Years of the SPC (or, if
such amounts are the same, 50 percent of that same amount)
(edit 2: Hell, they even have 7 examples of correct contract structure)

I'm just some dude on the internet, and I can find this information. The Flyers organization failed to properly research the multi-million dollar legal document they were drafting, and they did it wrong...despite the fact that in this case, researching it is apparently pretty simple.

Now I guess I wait for you to twist "finding this was easy" into "YOU THINK EVERYTHING A GM DOES IS EASY."

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-10-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote